Immunity Boosting Shot
Serves: Makes 10 shots
Prep time: 10 minutes
- 3 oranges, peeled
- 2 lemons, peeled
- 250g fresh turmeric
- 250g fresh ginger
- 1-2 tsp Manuka honey
- 1/4tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4tsp black pepper or cayenne pepper, if you want an extra kick!
- Peel and remove seeds from the oranges and lemons
- Wash the turmeric and ginger thoroughly, they do not need to be peeled.
- Juice the oranges, lemons, ginger and turmeric. If you don't have a juicer, a blender on high speed can also work (you may need to strain the mixture depending on your blender).
- Mix in the honey and oil.
- Divide into 50ml portions and sprinkle with your chosen pepper.
- Drink one shot every morning for an immune-boosting start to the day!
- These can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days or frozen in ice cube trays for up to 3 months
- Why use these ingredients?
- Lemon: Lemon is a very high source of Vitamin C which helps boost your immune system. It supports digestion through detoxifying the gut and liver and had alkalising properties, which is great for your organs. Lemon is also known to have antibacterial and antiviral properties.
- Ginger: Ginger has natural anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties which supports digestion, helps improve brain function, heart health and helps to lower blood sugar levels and improve overall circulation.
- Turmeric: Turmeric contains curcumin which has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
- Black pepper: Helps with the absorption of curcumin
- Manuka honey: this powerhouse contains antiviral, antibacterial and antioxidant properties.
- Extra virgin olive oil: Contains polyphenols, a potent antioxidant and also assists in the absorption of curcumin.
KICK START YOUR DAY BY TRYING ONE OF THESE SHOTS!!
We're here to help
Contact our dedicated
support team via:
Your order failed due to the following error:
Your order has been submitted! We will endeavour to notify you of your order soon.
Loading, please wait.
This may take up to a minute to process.
Terms and Conditions of Service
It is your responsibility to ensure you carefully follow all steps provided to ensure the health and safety of the couriers, postage workers, specimen reception and laboratory workers.
There is no rebate offered through the Medicare Benefits Scheme for the kits available on the Intestinal Labs shopping cart. Some private health insurance companies may offer rebates, check with your health insurance provider for further details.
If your kit arrives through the mail damaged, contact us immediately for a replacement – do not use or send back this kit.
Intestinal Labs does issue refunds to unused tests for up to 6 months from purchase date, a cancellation fee of $30 applies to all kits. We do not issue refunds for kits purchased over 6 months prior to the refund request.
All kits to be returned are to have the referral form included with the samples. Without this form, there will be no patient allocated to the results and the test will take longer to process.
General Digestive Analysis
Recommended for monitoring treatment, identifying the presence of unfavourable organisms, gut infection, microbial imbalance, malabsorption or assessing whether probiotic supplementation is having a positive impact.
Analysis of your digestive function and gut microbial environment including an evaluation of microscopic and macroscopic markers, such as the presence of fibres, cells and food particles. In-depth analysis of beneficial and pathogenic bacteria including the presence of parasites or yeasts.
Essential Digestive Analysis
Our most popular test – Recommended if you have digestive function issues and require an in-depth analysis of your gut health.
All components of the General Digestive Analysis are included along with additional testing on biochemical markers, such as pH, breakdown and absorption of fats, carbohydrates and protein, pancreatic function and levels of short chain fatty acids (required to maintain normal bowel function).
Comprehensive Digestive Analysis
Select this test for a complete gut assessment and comprehensive parasitology screening.
Our most comprehensive digestive stool test includes all components within the General and Essential Digestive Analysis tests plus a 3-day parasitology test. This increases the probability of identifying parasites as they may not be present in every bowel motion as well as testing for antimicrobial sensitivities (if bacterial organisms are detected).