- 2T Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Thumb-sized knob of ginger, finely chopped or grated
- 2C lentils (brown, red or French puy lentils all work well), rinsed
- 1tsp each of ground cumin, ground turmeric and ground coriander
- 2L prepared chicken or vegetable broth
- 2C fresh spinach (or 120g frozen spinach)
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Your choice of herbs to garnish
- Heat your olive oil over medium heat in a large saucepan or soup pot
- Fry onions and carrots until the onion becomes translucent
- Add in garlic, ginger and spices and toast until the spices become fragrant
- Add in lentils and stock and bring to a gentle simmer, cover your pot with a lid.
- Cook until lentils are tender, this will vary based on which lentils you have chosen, but around 30-45 minutes as a general rule.
- Add in spinach, salt and pepper, bring back to a simmer until the spinach has wilted, but maintains its bright green colour
- Take soup off the heat and add in lemon juice and zest. Adjust seasoning if required.
- Top your soup with your favourite herbs - our favourite is coriander, but parsley or dill work really well too! Enjoy!
We're here to help
Contact our dedicated
support team via:
Your order failed due to the following error:
Your order has been submitted! We will endeavour to notify you of your order soon.
Loading, please wait.
This may take up to a minute to process.
Terms and Conditions of Service
It is your responsibility to ensure you carefully follow all steps provided to ensure the health and safety of the couriers, postage workers, specimen reception and laboratory workers.
There is no rebate offered through the Medicare Benefits Scheme for the kits available on the Intestinal Labs shopping cart. Some private health insurance companies may offer rebates, check with your health insurance provider for further details.
If your kit arrives through the mail damaged, contact us immediately for a replacement – do not use or send back this kit.
Intestinal Labs does issue refunds to unused tests for up to 6 months from purchase date, a cancellation fee of $30 applies to all kits. We do not issue refunds for kits purchased over 6 months prior to the refund request.
All kits to be returned are to have the referral form included with the samples. Without this form, there will be no patient allocated to the results and the test will take longer to process.
General Digestive Analysis
Recommended for monitoring treatment, identifying the presence of unfavourable organisms, gut infection, microbial imbalance, malabsorption or assessing whether probiotic supplementation is having a positive impact.
Analysis of your digestive function and gut microbial environment including an evaluation of microscopic and macroscopic markers, such as the presence of fibres, cells and food particles. In-depth analysis of beneficial and pathogenic bacteria including the presence of parasites or yeasts.
Essential Digestive Analysis
Our most popular test – Recommended if you have digestive function issues and require an in-depth analysis of your gut health.
All components of the General Digestive Analysis are included along with additional testing on biochemical markers, such as pH, breakdown and absorption of fats, carbohydrates and protein, pancreatic function and levels of short chain fatty acids (required to maintain normal bowel function).
Comprehensive Digestive Analysis
Select this test for a complete gut assessment and comprehensive parasitology screening.
Our most comprehensive digestive stool test includes all components within the General and Essential Digestive Analysis tests plus a 3-day parasitology test. This increases the probability of identifying parasites as they may not be present in every bowel motion as well as testing for antimicrobial sensitivities (if bacterial organisms are detected).